Wireshark 2.4.2 Changelog:
- fixed: Wireshark crash when end capturing with "Update list of packets in real-time" option off.
- fixed: Diameter service response time statistics broken in 2.2.4.
- fixed: Sequence number isn’t shown as the X axis in TCP Stream Graph - RTT.
- fixed: Using an SSL subdissector will cause SSL data to not be decoded (related to reassembly of application data).
- fixed: Wireshark 2.4.0 doesn’t build with Qt 4.8.
- fixed: Some Infiniband Connect Req fields are not decoded correctly.
- fixed: Voip Flow Sequence button crash.
- fixed: wireshark-2.4.1/epan/dissectors/packet-dmp.c:1034: sanity check in wrong place ?.
- fixed: wireshark-2.4.1/ui/qt/tcp_stream_dialog.cpp:1206: sanity check in odd place ?.
- fixed: [oss-fuzz] ASAN: 232 byte(s) leaked in 4 allocation(s).
- fixed: [oss-fuzz] ASAN: 47 byte(s) leaked in 1 allocation(s).
- fixed: Own interface toolbar logger dialog for each log command.
- fixed: Wireshark crashes when dissecting DOCSIS REGRSPMP which contains UCD.
- fixed: Broken installation instructions for Visual Studio Community Edition.
- fixed: RTP Analysis "save as CSV" saves twice the forward stream, if two streams are selected.
- fixed: VWR file read ends early with vwr: Invalid data length 0.
- fixed: reordercap fails with segmentation fault 11 on MacOS.
- fixed: Cannot Apply Bitmask to Long Unsigned.
- fixed: text2pcap since version 2.4 aborts when there are no arguments.
- gtpprime: Missing in frame.protocols.
- HTTP dissector believes ICY response is a request.
We can install Wireshark 2.4.2 on Ubuntu 17.10 with few easy commands.
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install wireshark
Optional, to remove wireshark, do:
|$ sudo apt-get remove wireshark|