- concept art
- texture and matte painters
- illustrations and comics
Krita 3.3.2 Changelog:
fixes two important regressions:
- Krita 3.3.1 would read brush presets with textures incorrectly. This is now fixed.
- Windows 1709 broke wintab and Windows Ink tablet handling in various ways; we worked around that and it works again in this version of Krita.
- Animation: make it possible to export empty frames after the end of the animation.
- Animation: make it possible to render up to a 10,000 frames
- Add a command-line option to start Krita with a new, empty image: krita --new-image RGBA,8,5000,3000
- Performance: improved caching for effect and selection masks
- Performance: Fix a leak in the smudge brush
- Performance: Improve performance when using the hardware-accelerated canvas
- Performance, Windows: improve the performance when loading icons
- macOS: render the frames-per-second overlay widget correctly
- Filters: it’s now possible to edit the filter’s settings directly in the xml that is used to save filter definitions to .krita files.
- Filters: a new ASC_CDL color balance filter was added, with Slope, Offset and Power options.
- Crashes: fix a crash that happened when closing a second document with infinite canvas active
- Layers: Make it possible to copy group layers
- UI: make it possible to use the scroll-wheel to scroll through patterns when the patterns palette is very narrow.
- UI: Improve drag and drop feedback in the layer panel
- UI: Hide the lock and collapse titlebar icons when a panel is floating
- G’Mic: the included G’Mic is updated to the latest release.
Add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the Krita package:
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kritalime/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install krita
Install via package if PPA is not up to date
- Download the Linux appimage file
- Right-click on the file and click properties.
- Click on Permissions tab and check the box to make it executable
- Then run the file as it does not require any installation
Optional, to remove Krita, do:
|$ sudo apt-get install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:kritalime/ppa|