KDE releases a Bugfix update to KDE Plasma 5, versioned 5.11.3. Plasma 5.11 was released in October with many feature refinements and new modules to complete the desktop experience.
Plasma Desktop 5.10 Changelog:
- Don't refresh invalid backends.
- Remove unused class.
- Don't delete resources whenever asked to clear the view.
- Extend the resetModel until the model is ready to be fetched again.
- Make sure we set the page size.
- Unneeded dependency in the library.
- Fix warning.
- Remove unused code.
- --warning: don't capture unused variable.
- Properly listen to ODRS replies.
- Assert on ODRS reviews fetched.
- Don't leak QNetworkAccessManager instances.
- Recover the right delegate background color.
- Improve global updates progress reporting.
- Improve progress reporting in some PackageKit updates.
- Show errors from refreshing. Commit.
- Include the progress of transactions.
- See release note for details.
We can add this PPA to Ubuntu Operating Systems and install Plasma Desktop with few easy commands.
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install plasma-desktop
If everything goes well, log out and select log back with Plasma session.
Option, uninstall Plasma Desktop
|$ sudo apt-get install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports|