Compilation instructions for Audacity are provided in the source code:
- Windows: win\compile.txt
- macOS: mac/Build.txt
- GNU/Linux: INSTALL.
Audacity 2.2.0 Changelog:
- Four supplied user interface themes, and customizability of themes for advanced users.
- Playback of MIDI files (fully automatic on Windows; requires cooperating software synthesizer programs on macOs or Linux; special thanks to Audacity co-founder Roger Dannenberg and new contributor “pokechu22”)
- Better organized menus
- Help link buttons in many dialogs lead to the relevant manual pages
- 198 bugs/annoyances in 2.1.3 fixed, most importantly:
- Improved recovery from full file system errors; in case of recording, Audacity 2.2.0 will preserve as much of the recorded data as possible
- Thorough update of the manual with new images, more hover texts, and more cross-references.
- Complete support for macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and 10.13 (High Sierra)
Run the following commands in Terminal to install Audacity 2.2.0, via PPA, on Ubuntu:
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/audacity
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install audacity
Optional, to remove Audacity, do:
If you want to uninstall Audacity from Ubuntu Systems, run the following commands in Terminal:
|$ sudo apt-get remove --autoremove audacity audacity-data|