Visual Studio Code 1.18 release highlights:
- Multi-root workspaces released to Stable - Group a logical set of folders into a single workspace.
- Vertical panels - Dock panels (Terminal, Output, or Debug Console) to the right of your editor.
- Git indicators in the Explorer - See pending file changes in the File Explorer.
- Inline pending change review - View pending changes and perform partial commits in the editor.
- Several performance improvements - Faster Windows start-up and editor performance tuning.
- Auto imports for JS/TS - Relevant imports are added as you call local symbols.
- Extract local variable for JS/TS - Refactor a new local variable based on your selection.
- Install @types for TypeScript - A new Quick Fix adds missing @types files to your project.
- Improved extension recommendations - Recommendations are highlighted in extension searches.
Download .deb package for Debian/Ubuntu at the link below:
Then install it via command (Ctrl+Alt+T):
|$ sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/code_*.deb; sudo apt -f install|
who want to receive updates for VS Code via Software Updater utility, add the Microsoft repository via following steps (64bit only):
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=amd64]
https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable main" >
$ curl https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc | gpg --dearmor > microsoft.gpg
$ sudo mv microsoft.gpg /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/microsoft.gpg