Java 11 Changelog
- Standardize the incubated HTTP Client API introduced in JDK 9, via JEP 110, and updated in JDK 10
- New Collection.toArray(IntFunction) Default Method
- The locale data based on the Unicode Consortium's CLDR (Common Locale Data Registry) has been updated for JDK 11.
- Lazy Allocation of Compiler Threads
- ZGC (Experimental): a brand-new garbage collector designed for sub-10ms pause times (even on large heaps) with an aim of no more than a 15% performance penalty.
- Epsilon GC is the new experimental no-op garbage collector. Epsilon GC only handles memory allocation, and does not implement any memory reclamation mechanism. It is useful for performance testing, to contrast costs/benefits of other GCs.