MKVToolNix 18.0.0 Changelog:
New features and enhancements
- build system: when building with clang v3.8.0 or newer, configure will no longer restrict optimization flags to -O1 and use -O3 again (older versions of clang suffered from excessive memory usage with higher optimization levels).
- build system: when building with mingw 7.2.0 or newer, configure will no longer restrict optimization flags to -O2 and use -O3 again (older versions of mingw suffered from bugs such as segmentation faults with higher optimization levels).
- build system: stack protection is enabled when building with clang 3.5.0 or newer on all platforms.
- mkvmerge: AVC & HEVC ES parsers: performance improvements by copying much less memory around.
- mkvmerge: tags: reintroduced a workaround for non-compliant files with tags that do not contain the mandatory SimpleTag element. This workaround was removed during code refactoring in release v15.0.0.
- GUI: multiplexer: the "AAC is SBR/HE-AAC/AAC+" checkbox in the "audio properties" section will be disabled if the functionality is not implemented for the selected track’s codec & container.
- GUI: multiplexer: the "reduce to core" checkbox in the "audio properties" section will be disabled if the functionality is not implemented for the selected track’s codec.
- mkvmerge: AAC ADTS parser: fixed interpretation of the channel_configuration header element for ADTS files that do not contain a program configuration element: value 7 means 7.1 channels.
- mkvmerge: Matroska identification: the date_local and date_utc attributes will only be output if the identified Matroska file actually contains the "date" header field.
- mkvmerge: WebVTT: mkvmerge did not recognize timestamp lines if the hours components were absent.
- mkvpropedit, GUI’s header editor: the date header field won’t be added automatically anymore whenever the segment info section is edited and the date element is either deleted or not present in the first place.
Opening terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and running the command:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://mkvtoolnix.download/ubuntu/$(lsb_release
-sc)/ ./" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bunkus.org.list'
$ wget -q -O - https://mkvtoolnix.download/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.txt | sudo apt-key add -
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install mkvtoolnix mkvtoolnix-gui