ScreenStudio will let you record your desktop in a full HD video files. Overlay some text or even your webcam. It will also let you stream your desktop to services like UStream, Hitbox or Twitch.tv.
- Linux (Tested on Ubuntu 16.04) or Mac OS X (Yosemite)
- ffmpeg 0.9x (For Linux only... Often already installed with Ubuntu by installing libav-tools 9.x)
- JRE 8.x or above (OpenJDK is available for Ubuntu)
- A webcam (Optional)
- An account with some provider like Youtube Live, Ustream to broadcast live!
- A lot of space on your harddisk if you want to record locally
- For dependencies: sudo apt-get install ffmpeg openjdk-8-jre
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo apt install ffmpeg openjdk-8-jre
$ wget http://screenstudio.crombz.com/archives/ubuntu/ScreenStudio-Ubuntu-3.0.3-bin.tar.gz
$ tar xvf ScreenStudio-Ubuntu-3.0.3-bin.tar.gz
$ cd ScreenStudio.Ubuntu