FreeType 2.7 changelog
- As announced earlier, the 2.7.x series now uses the new subpixel hinting mode as the default, emulating a modern version of ClearType.
- A new option `FT_CONFIG_OPTION_ENVIRONMENT_PROPERTIES' has been introduced. If set (which is the default), an environment variable `FREETYPE_PROPERTIES' can be used to control driver properties.
- After loading a named instance of a GX variation font, the `face_index' value in the returned `FT_Face' structure now correctly holds the named instance index in the upper 16bits as documented.
- A new macro `FT_IS_NAMED_INSTANCE' to test whether a given face is a named instance.
- More fixes to GX font handling.
- Apple's `GETVARIATION' bytecode operator (needed for GX variation font support) has been implemented.
- Another round of fuzzer fixes, mainly to reject invalid fonts faster.
- Handling of raw CID fonts was broken
- The smooth rasterizer has been streamlined to make it faster by approx. 20%.
- The `ftgrid' demo program now understands command line option `-d' to give start-up design coordinates.
- The `ftdump' demo program has a new command line option `-p' to dump TrueType bytecode instructions.
Run the following commands in Terminal to install :
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:no1wantdthisname/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install libfreetype6
Simply purge the PPA via ppa-purge will downgrade FreeType to the stock version in Ubuntu 16.04 repository:
|$ sudo apt-get install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:no1wantdthisname/ppa|