A truly free and open source multiplayer shooter, no strings attached. Have casual deathmatch matches on various scenarios. Build your own levels with the ingame editor and assets that come with the game, or just play around and use it as a sandbox.
- New Pazifik Islands level in dawn/day/night/rain versions
- An extra version of the Pazifik Islands level for main menu background also in dawn/day/night/rain versions
- New system that displays main menu background levels from random viewpoints for more variation
- New game type called "Marked for Death"
- Some general game scripts cleanup
- GUI improvements like the main menu buttons now scaling better and no longer pixelate and some more small tweaks
- 8 New Background images that randomly change as well as an option to disable that feature
- Added options menu item to switch screenshot image format JPG or PNG
- A bunch of new art assets related to the pacific them such as roads, textures, rocks etc
- Improved bot navigation
- New higher resolution level preview images for most levels
- Under water ballistics system, bullets from weapons fired under water slow down extremely, system is not complete as bullets fire into water keep their speed, it was designed to handicap players in water a bit
- Some more minor small tweaks here and there I forgot or are not worth mentioning
The GetDeb repository contains the latest packages of Uebergame, available for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04 and derivatives.
1. Add the GetDeb repository via command:
|$ sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc)-getdeb games" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'|
For Linux Mint 18.x, replace $(lsb_release -sc) directly with xenial in the command. Type in your password when prompts and hit Enter.
2. Download and install the repository key via command:
|$ wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -|
3. Running command update and install:
|$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install uebergame
(Optional) To remove Uebergame, use command:
|$ sudo apt-get remove uebergame
$ sudo apt-get autoremove