Curlew is written in Python and GTK+ 3, and uses FFMPEG (or Libav-tools) to transcode media files. The main features are:
- Easy to use user interface (New GTK3 Header bar).
- Hide the advanced options with the ability to show them.
- More than 100 output formats.
- Allow to edit formats.
- Shutdown or suspend PC afer a conversion process.
- Show file informations, file details using mediainfo.
- Allow to skip or remove file during conversion process.
- Preview file before conversion in its context menu.
- Show video thumbnail.
- Convert a specified portion of file.
- Combine subtitle with video.
- Allow to crop and pad video.
- Show error details if exist.
- And more …
In Ubuntu, you can fetch Curlew by typing:
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/curlew/files/curlew-0.2.4/curlew_0.2.4-1_all.deb
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo dpkg -i curlew_*.deb; sudo apt-get -f install
Once installed, launch it from your application launcher