Shotcut 16.11.02 Changelog:
- Added portable app feature with Settings > App Data Directory and –appdata command line argument.
- Fixed drag-n-drop to Timeline after moving clip to different track.
- Fixed LUT (3D) filter for languages/regions that use comma for decimal point.
- Fixed Properties > Speed on macOS for languages/regions that use comma for decimal point.
- Added Gaelic (Scottish) translation.
Shotcut is not available via any repository (PPA). Shotcut is only available as pre-compiled libraries and can be downloaded and installed via the official website.
Run the following commands in Terminal to install Shotcut on Linux Ubuntu systems. It work on 64bit OS only:
|$ wget https://github.com/mltframework/shotcut/releases/download/v16.11/shotcut-linux-x86_64-161102.tar.bz2
$ tar -xjvf shotcut-linux-x86_64-161102.tar.bz2
$ sudo rm -rf /opt/shotcut
$ sudo mv Shotcut /opt/shotcut
$ sudo ln -sf /opt/shotcut/Shotcut.app/shotcut /usr/bin/shotcut