Top New Gameplay Features In 0 A.D. Alpha 21 Released
- Herocide/Regicide: You start with a hero and are defeated when he or she dies.
- Wonder Victory: Now you can change the time from when the wonder is built to when you win. Either set it to 0 so you win as soon as the wonder is built or to anywhere between 1 and 120 minutes for a chance for the opponents to destroy it before the match is won.
- Last Man Standing: Only one player can win the game. Form temporary alliances to eliminate common competitors. But be careful: as the remaining players struggle for victory, allies are forced to turn against you. This mode can be played with every victory condition.
- New buildings and champions
- The Persian Hall and Hellenic Royal Stoa can train new Infantry Champions in town and city phase.
- The Briton Crannog acts as a civic center and dock, providing economic stability on both land and water.
- Romans and Persians benefit from the new Temple of Vesta and Gate of Ishtar, making buildings harder to capture.
- Patrolling: When clicking the button or pressing the hotkey (P + Right Click), units move along the path you set for them and attack enemy units they encounter along the way, then return to the beginning and continue doing so until you give them another order.
- Tech Cost Modifiers and Team Bonuses: The costs of technologies can now be modified by Auras and Technologies, demonstrated by faster and cheaper research when a Library was built. Players get a bonus if they are on a team with a player of a certain civilization. For example allies of Iberians have 20% cheaper skirmishers, allies of Seleucids have 20% cheaper civic centers.
- Stackable Auras: Capturing further Wonders, Libraries or Theatrons increases the building bonus proportionally. Losing a wonder means losing the population bonus, capturing a wonder means further increasing the maximum population, making the Wonder a crucial part of the empire.
- New Balancing: The aim of the new balancing is to stop players from destroying buildings with infantry and cavalry, enforce the use of siege engines, reduce the spamming of champions by making them more expensive and slower to train. With the addition of town phase champions and the lessening of attack damage of defensive buildings, early attacks are more feasible. Capturing of buildings is only feasible if they are heavily damaged or left unguarded. More details are found in the Balancing section of the changelog.
We can add this PPA to Ubuntu Operating Systems and install 0 A.D. Alpha 21 with few easy commands.
Open terminal(Ctrl+Alt+T) and insert command line...
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install 0ad
Option, remove the PPA after installing 0 A.D. Alpha 21 via command:
|$ sudo apt install ppa-purge
$ sudo ppa-purge ppa:wfg/0ad