Peek 0.8.0 Changelog:
- ui: Change button text while rendering
- ui: Add a --version command line argument
- ui: Show file choose directly after recording stops. This way rendering and choosing the file take place in parallel
- recording: Correctly scale recording area on HiDPI screens
- i18n: Arabic translation
- i18n: Catalan translation
- i18n: French translation
- i18n: Lithuanian translation
- i18n: Polish translation
- i18n: Portuguese (Portugal) translation
- i18n: Russian translation
- i18n: Spanish translation
- i18n: Ukrainian translation
- misc: Added generic name and sub category to desktop file
- misc: Added uninstall target, so source installations can be uninstalled with make uninstall
- fix: Fix DBUS service file if installed to location other than /usr
- fix: Locales not loaded if not installed to /usr due to missing locale path
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ wget https://github.com/phw/peek/releases/download/v0.8.0/peek-0.8.0-Linux.deb
$ sudo dpkg -i peek-0.8.0-Linux.deb
$ sudo apt-get -f install
Once installed, launch peek from Unity Dash or your app launcher
After resizing Peek window to select a screen area, click the Record button to start recording.
Once you stop the recording, a dialog pops-up and prompts you to give a name and select where to save the GIF image.
After you save the GIF image, a dialog pops-up allows you to open the file folder quickly with the GIF image automatic highlighted.