KStars 2.7.2 features:
- Graphical simulation of the sky with the planets, up to 100 million stars, 10000 deep-sky objects, comets and asteroids. Adjustable simulation rate.
- Access to several internet resources for information, imagery and data
- Complete astrophotography workflow
- A host of tools that predict conjunctions, plot time variation of positions of planets, perform calculations etc.
- Powerful observation planner to plan your observations.
- And much more, see the official announcement.
We can add this PPA to Ubuntu Operating Systems and install KStars with few easy commands.
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install indi-full kstars-bleeding
Option, remove the PPA after installing KStars 2.7.2 via command:
|$ sudo apt-get remove indi-full kstars-bleeding
$ sudo apt-get autoremove