Wireshark 2.4.3 Changelog:
The following bugs have been fixed:
- The IWARP_MPA dissector could crash.
- The NetBIOS dissector could crash.
- The CIP Safety dissector could crash.
- "tshark -G ?" doesn’t provide expected help.
- File loading is very slow with TRANSUM dissector enabled.
- packet-knxnetip.c:936: bad bitmask ?.
- packet-q931.c:1306: bad compare ?.
- SSL Dissection bug.
- Wireshark crashes when exporting various files to .csv, txt and other ‘non-capture file’ formats.
- RLC reassembly doesn’t work for RLC over UDP heuristic dissector.
- HTTP Object export fails with long extension (possibly query string).
- 3GPP Civic Address not displayed in Packet Details.
- Wireshark prefers packet.dll in System32\\Npcap over the one in System32.
- PEEKREMOTE dissector does not decode 11ac MCS rates properly.
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2015 lacks tools named in developer guide.
- TCP: Malformed data with Riverbed Probe option.
- Wireshark Crash when trying to use Preferences | Advanced.
- Right click on SMB2 Message ID and then Apply as Column causes Runtime Error.
- Return [Enter] should apply change (Column title - Button Label toolbars).
- Wireshark crashes if "rip.display_routing_domain" is set to TRUE in preferences file.
- Entry point inflatePrime not found for androiddump.exe and randpktdump.exe.
- BGP: IPv6 NLRI is received with Add-path ID, then Wire shark is not able to decode the packet correctly.
- Wrong SSL decryption when using EXTENDED MASTER SECRET and Client certificate request (mutual authentication).
- Frame direction isn’t always set if it comes from the pcapng record header rather than the packet pseudo-header.
We can add this PPA to Ubuntu Operating Systems and install Wireshark with few easy commands.
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wireshark-dev/stable
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install wireshark
Optional, to remove wireshark, do:
|$ sudo apt-get remove wireshark|