MKVToolNix 19.0.0 Changelog:
- The MKVToolNix project now contains a [Code of Conduct](https://mkvtoolnix.download/doc/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md).
- The MKVToolNix project's source code repository, bug tracker and wiki have been moved to [GitLab](https://gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/).
- mkvmerge: splitting by duration, by timestamps or by timestamp-based parts: mkvmerge will now consider the first key frame within 1ms of the requested value to be eligible for splitting.
- MKVToolNix GUI: the GUI will now save and restore the widths of columns in tree and list views.
- MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: when closing or reloading a modified file, the GUI will now focus the first element that's been modified before asking the user for confirmation regarding discarding unsaved changes.
- mkvmerge: fixed reading text files encoded in UTF-16 order UTF-32 that have different forms of line endings (new lines, carriage returns or a mix of both).
- mkvmerge: MP4 reader: fixed mkvmerge's interpretation of edit list entries with `segment_duration == 0` when there's more than one edit list entry. In that case mkvmerge was reading the whole content more than once.
- mkvmerge, GUI's multiplexer: MIME types: added the `font` top-level media types from RFC 8081. This means that the following new MIME types for fonts can be used: `font/ttf`, `font/otf`, `font/woff` and `font/woff2`.
- mkvmerge: MPEG transport stream reader: fixed slow speed on Windows due to lack of buffering.
- mkvextract: fixed slow track extraction speed on Windows due to lack of buffering.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: changing the "subtitle/chapter character set" drop-down was ignored when the selected track was a chapter track.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: once a "subtitle/chapter character set" was set for a track it couldn't be changed back to the empty entry (= auto-detection) anymore.
- MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: fixed re-translating several displayed strings when the GUI language is changed if the language the GUI was started with was not English.
- MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: whenever a file did not contain a "date" element in its segment information section, the GUI would erroneously ask the user to confirm discarding unsaved changes when closing or reloading the tab.
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue: jobs are now saved when their status changes in addition to when the program exits.
Opening terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and running the command:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://mkvtoolnix.download/ubuntu/$(lsb_release
-sc)/ ./" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bunkus.org.list'
$ wget -q -O - https://mkvtoolnix.download/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.txt | sudo apt-key add -
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install mkvtoolnix mkvtoolnix-gui