IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3 Changelog:
- Feature: Limit code analysis to user-configurable number of CPU cores to prevent 100% of all cores utilization
- fixed: Last Idea eap spontaneously crash
- fixed: Indent provider behaves unexpectedly
- fixed: Redundant "The project used an invalid path to Node.js" warning for my java project
- Usability: Option to disable "search everywhere"
- fixed: Compile error with Java 9 due to unknown packages in Maven dependency
- fixed: "connection is closed by foreign host" on DB connection using proxy host
- fixed: Weird order of breakpoints in "Disabled until selected breakpoint is hit"
- Exception: ISE at com.intellij.debugger.engine.DebugProcessImpl.getVirtualMachineProxy
- Usability: New Auto Resolving conflicts must not automatically be applied
- Feature: Check connection for Docker server when creating new one
- Feature: Docker: auto-expose a port, if it is used in a binding but not exposed
- See announcement for details.
We can add this PPA to Ubuntu Operating Systems and install IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3 with few easy commands.
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install intellij-idea-community
Also replace intellij-idea-community in the code with intellij-idea-ultimate for ultimate edition.
Install via package if PPA is not up to date
We can install the Snap package. WELL integrated with Ubuntu. Support for Ubuntu 16.04 and higher:
Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T and insert command line...
For IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3 community edition
|$ sudo snap install intellij-idea-community --classic|
For IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3 ultimate edition, run following command instead:
|$ sudo snap install intellij-idea-ultimate --classic|
Option, remove IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3
For remover Snap package:
|$ sudo snap remove intellij-idea-community intellij-idea-ultimate|
For remover PPA package:
|$ sudo apt-get remove --autoremove intellij-idea-community intellij-idea-ultimate|