Terminix 1.3.5 Changelog:
- Quake mode:
- support showing window on active monitor (X11 only);
- added option to hide Terminix when focus is lost;
- force application menu to appear in headerbar on desktop environments that don’t support the Gnome Application menu;
- enable color schemes to be easilty exported to themes;
- changed “-x” switch to “-“e for compatibility with other terminal emulators
- new “–version” command line switch;
- added support for badges (requires VTE compiled with Terminix patches, see THIS page for details);
- various bug fixes. The bug that caused a segfault when trying to use the feature that allows inserting a password from GNOME Keyring seems fixed (I mentioned this HERE).
For instance, to assign a keyboard shortcut for this command in GNOME / Unity, go to System Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Custom Shortcuts, and click on “+” to add a new shortcut. Use “Terminix” under “Name”, “terminix –quake” (without the quotes) for the command, and click “Apply”:
You can install the latest stable version from PPA, simply run of commands in terminal.
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/terminix
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install terminix