highlights of the Kdenlive 16.12.0 release:
- Allow custom cache folder. You can now define a custom folder per project to store temporary files. This can be useful if you want to store temporary files on another drive, and also if you want to easily move your project’s temporary files to another computer
- Portable projects: to allow moving a project to another computer / drive, we now use relative paths for clips that are inside the project’s directory. So if your source clips are in the same folder as your kdenlive project file (or in subfolders), you can simply move/copy the directory and the project should open without any change.
- When you (re) use the same image sequence clip, title clip, or even color clip multiple times in the same libary clip, such image sequences and titles now will only be added once to your project bin. (See also our Toolbox post on Library Clips with Image Sequences, Titles, and Color Clips.)
- The way Kdenlive expands library clips containing multiple tracks should be working more intuitively now:
- Place the library clip on the topmost track, it will be expanded down from there when multiple tracks are required. If there aren’t enough tracks below, yet there are enough tracks when also taking the tracks above into account, then Kdenlive will shuffle everthing upwards so it fits into the space.
- Also, Kdenlive now correctly expands clips immediately below a transition. Before, it was reporting an error, which now has been corrected.
- Error reporting has been improved in general for expanding library clips, please see also our Toolbox post on Copy & Paste Between Projects.
- Rotoscoping effect
- Added a UI for LUT3D effect
- Added tripod parameter to vidstab
- Improved motion tracker
Kdenlive 16.12.0 is included in Ubuntu software repository.
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo apt-get install kdenlive|
You can install the latest stable version from PPA, simply run of commands in terminal.
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install kdenlive
Additional packages that are required by Kdenlive .
|$ sudo apt install ffmpeg dvgrab dvdauthor genisoimage vlc|