MKVToolNix 9.7.1 changelog
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplex tool bug fix: under certain circumstances the GUI was creating invalid JSON files when starting to multiplex resulting in an error message ("JSON option files must contain a JSON array consisting solely of JSON strings").
- Deprecation warning: Several options and features are now deprecated and will be removed at the start of 2018. These are:
- mkvmerge: the options "--identify-verbose", "--identify-for-gui", "--identify-for-mmg" and "--identification-format verbose". Please convert existing users of these interfaces to use mkvmerge's JSON identification output which can be invoked with "--identification-format json --identify …".
- all command line tools: the old, proprietary format used for option files. Please convert users of this interface to the new JSON option file format introduced in this release.
- - all command line tools: the option "--check-for-updates" (the GUI will keep its online check for updates, though). There is and will be no equivalent interface in the tools themselves. Users of this interface can switch to retrieving the information about available updates directly from the MKVToolNix website. The information is available as JSON and XML files at the following URLs:
- mkvmerge: enhancement: added a new track property in JSON/verbose identification mode called "multiplexed_tracks". It's an array of track IDs that describe which of the tracks mkvmerge reports as separate ones were originally part of the same source track (e.g. TrueHD+AC-3 in a single track in MPEG transport streams). Implements #1835.
- mkvmerge: added support for skipping APE(v2) tags in TTA files.
- See changelog for more details
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ wget -q -O - https://mkvtoolnix.download/gpg-pub-moritzbunkus.txt | sudo apt-key add -
$ echo "deb http://mkvtoolnix.download/ubuntu/yakkety/ ./" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install mkvtoolnix mkvtoolnix-gui