Wine 1.8.5 Changelog:
- Windows Movie Maker 2.x needs ole32.dll.StgOpenPropStg
- Microsoft Publisher 2007 and 2010 crash when opening documents/templates (TSF manager 'ITextStoreACPSink' must support QI with 'IID_ITextStoreACPServices')
- Use-after-free in DdeClientTransaction in user32 dde tests
- Windows utility 'relog.exe' crashes on unimplemented function 'pdh.dll.PdhGetLogFileTypeW'
- PDF Factory 3.x/4.x installer fails to install printer drivers (winspool.SetPrinterW lacks support for level 8, global default printer settings)
- CAPCOM games using gamepad start with axes X/Y pressed up/left
- EasyPal version August 6 2012 crashes on unimplemented function msvcp60.dll.??Dstd@@YA?AV?$complex@N@0@ABNABV10@@Z
- dbghelp doesn't support DW_FORM_flag_present
- SmartMusic 2012/2014 crashes on startup (Core Audio adapter 'PKEY_DeviceInterface_FriendlyName' property not supported)
- Photos opened in Nikon Capture NX 2.4 have inverted red and blue channel for displaying.
- Word / Excel 2010: crash when clicked (2nd or 3rd times) on a link
- An integer overflow @line 268 of dsa.c ?
- PlotSoft PDFill 10 fails on startup, reports 'No Fonts found under: C:\\windows\\Fonts' (at least one font name in registry must contain 'truetype' token)
- dinput doesn't report DIDOI_ASPECT* for joystick axes
- __unDName doesn't support function pointer with type "P8"
- __unDName doesn't support data type "$$B"
- Multiple games and applications crash on unimplemented function msvcr100.dll _crt_debugger_hook (ArchiCAD 16, Far Cry 4)
- Borderlands (Steam) crashes on unimplemented function msvcr90.dll._crt_debugger_hook
Install Wine 1.8.5 Stable:
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install wine1.8 winetricks
|$ sudo apt-get remove wine1.8 winetricks|
Wine 1.8.5 Stable support Ubuntu 16.10 (Yakkety Yak), Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus), Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf), Ubuntu 15.04(Vivid Vervet), Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr)