qBittorrent 3.3.7 changelog :
qBittorrent v3.3.7 was released. Minor bugfixes of v3.3.6. Mac OS X builds will be delayed a little bit because Qt 5.6.1 doesn't play nice and I'll need to rebuild 5.6.0.
- FEATURE: Delete torrent+files with Shift+Delete
- BUGFIX: Fix 6-hour speedplot point push rate.
- BUGFIX: Avoid spawning a new explorer.exe process when selecting "Open containing folder".
- BUGFIX: Fix loading of new geoip db due to an artificial size limit.
- BUGFIX: Better error handling and logging with smtp communication.
- SEARCH: Remove KickassTorrents search engine.
- SEARCH: Remove BTDigg search engine.
- SEARCH: Update Torrentz search engine.
With the new release of 16.10, I had few problems installing qbittorrent from the .tar.gz installation file obtained from original website of qbittorrent. However I got a way to compile eventually, it happened to be working properly.
First you must install dependencies :
|$ sudo apt-get install libboost-dev libboost-system-dev build-essential
$ sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev
$ sudo apt-get install qtbase5-dev qttools5-dev-tools
$ sudo apt-get install python
$ sudo apt-get install geoip-database
$ sudo apt-get install libtorrent-rasterbar-dev
Run the following command to download and compile qBittorrent 3.3.7
|$ wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/qbittorrent/files/qbittorrent/qbittorrent-3.3.7/qbittorrent-3.3.7.tar.gz
$ tar -xvf qbittorrent-3.3.7.tar.gz
$ cd qbittorrent-3.3.7
$ sudo make install
$ sudo qbittorrent