Created by yWorks, one of the unique feature of yEd is to import external data for analysis and its automatic layout arranging algorithm. This Java based utility has the ability to import data from spreadsheet and arrange them in tree/structures.
yED 3.1.7 Changelog:
- Added import support for the GraphML file format variants of our commercial yFiles diagramming libraries yFiles for JavaFX (3.x version series) and yFiles for HTML (2.x version series).
- The 'Find...' command and the 'Select Elements' tool now additionally support text matching using the full power of regular expressions.
- Improved and corrected import support for the GraphML file format variants of our commercial yFiles diagramming libraries yFiles for Java (3.x version series), yFiles for JavaFX (2.x version series), and yFiles for HTML (1.x version series).
- The 'Apply' and 'Apply Type' commands from the Palette's context menu now also support converting normal nodes to open/closed group nodes and vice versa.
- The JREs that are installed by the Windows, Mac, and Linux installers have been updated to Java 1.8.0_121.
- Addressed a problem in the Excel import where importing spreadsheets with blanks/whitespace in sheet names failed.
- Many bugfixes, great and small.
1. Download the latest packages, Linux 32-bit or Linux 64-bit, from the official link below: http://www.yworks.com/products/yed/download
2. Open terminal from Unity Dash, App Launcher, or via Ctrl+Alt+T keys. When it opens, run below commands one by one:
|$ chmod +x yEd-3.17_32-bit_setup.sh
|$ chmod +x yEd-3.17_64-bit_setup.sh
Finally, launch yED from Unity Dash, Application Launcher.
refer original : https://howto-ubuntunew.blogspot.com/