The KiCad project is proud to announce the latest stable release of KiCad. The 4.0.6 stable version contains critical bug fixes and other minor improvements since the last release.
KiCad EDA 4.0.6 Changelog:
You may need to update your footprint library table in pcbnew, because some footprint libraries have been renamed as follows:
- Buttons_Switches_ThroughHole.pretty → Buttons_Switches_THT.pretty
- Capacitors_ThroughHole.pretty → Capacitors_THT.pretty
- Connect.pretty → Connectors.pretty
- Diodes_ThroughHole.pretty → Diodes_THT.pretty
- Display.pretty → Displays.pretty
- Relays_ThroughHole.pretty → Relays_THT.pretty
- Resistors_ThroughHole.pretty → Resistors_THT.pretty
- Sockets_BNC.pretty → Connectors_TE-Connectivity.pretty
- Sockets_Mini-Universal.pretty → Connectors_Mini-Universal.pretty
- Sockets_WAGO734.pretty → Connectors_WAGO.pretty
- Terminal_Blocks.pretty → Connectors_Terminal_Blocks.pretty
- Pcbnew: fix an issue where path separators are not translated from \ in Windows to / on Unix.
- Pcbnew: do not use default board solder mask clearance in footprint editor.
- Pcbnew: fix a potential incompatibility (due to an old bug) with files which could be created by some recent Pcbnew versions.
- Eeschema: fix rotate bug in symbol library editor.
- Replace avhttp with libcurl.
- Pcbnew: fix a potential bug where a GAL canvas method was called from the legacy canvas.
- Eeschema: reorder toolbar slightly.
To add this PPA to your Ubuntu distribution and to install Notepadqq, simply run the following commands:
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:js-reynaud/kicad-4
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install kicad
refer original : https://howto-ubuntunew.blogspot.com/