SMPlayer 17.4.2 Changelog:
- New option (menu View -> OSD) to display the times with milliseconds.
- New fix for the thumbnail generator that works also with older versions of mpv.
- Bugfix: the position of the video is remembered when it's opened by drag & drop.
- The Windows installer won't install mpv on Windows XP since mpv is not longer compatible with Windows XP.
- New option to use the mplayer ffhevcvdpau decoder (Linux only).
- Avoid some crashes from mpv.
Run the following commands in Terminal to install SMPlayer 17.4.2, via PPA, on Ubuntu:
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rvm/smplayer-qt4
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install smplayer smtube smplayer-themes smplayer-skins
Optional, to remove SMPlaye, do:
If you want to uninstall SMPlayer from Ubuntu Systems, run the following commands in Terminal:
|$ sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:rvm/smplayer|
For the qt4 ppa, replace ppa:rvm/smplayer with ppa:rvm/smplayer-qt4 in the code