All platforms will benefit from a change to the image window hierarchy in single window mode, which improves painting performance when certain GTK+ themes are used.
This version fixes an ancient CVE bug, CVE-2007-3126. Due to this bug, the ICO file import plug-in could be crashed by specially crafted image files. Our attempts to reproduce the bug failed with 2.8 and thus the impact had likely been minimal for years, but now it is gone for good.
Users on the Apple macOS platforms will benefit from fixes for crashes during drag&drop and copy&paste operations. On the Microsoft Windows platforms, crashes encountered when using the color picker with special multi-screen setups are gone, and picking the actual color instead of black from anywhere on the screen should finally be possible.
GIMP 2.8.22 Changelog:
- improve drawing performance in single window mode, especially with pixmap themes
- Make the launcher script also set BABL_PATH
- Add patch for GTK+ Bug 743717 to the build which concerns crashes during clipboard operations with a clipboard manager active
- Add patch for GTK+ Bug 767091 to the build which concerns crashes on some drag & drop operations
- generate OSX package metadata during build
- Fix for CVE-2007-3126, a bug in the ICO plug-in which allowed context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via an ICO file with an InfoHeader containing a Height of zero. We couldn't reproduce any crash in recent version, but fixed the error messages for good measure
- Avoid creating wrong layer group structure when importing PSD files (already fixed in 2.8.20, didn't make it to the NEWS)
- Prevent a crash in PDF plug-in if images or resolution are large
- stop parsing invalid PCX files early and prevent a segmentation fault
- if NOCONFIGURE is set, autogen.sh won't run configure
- VPATH builds for win32 targets have been fixed
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (PRC)
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install gimp
Optional, to remove GIMP 2.8.22 and revert the changes, do:
|$ sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
$ sudo ppa-purge ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp
refer original : https://howto-ubuntunew.blogspot.com/