Cinnamon 3.4.0 Changelog:
- Fix gnome terminal losing desktop file association during cinnamon restart
- cinnamon-json-makepot: Added support to scan for JS files inside sub-dirs.
- Start systray applet first
- Use generic marshaller
- Fix file permissions
- Pull functions out of loops in _refreshPlaces, _refreshApps...
- Move uri assignment in _refreshRecent's while loop into new...
- Use let instead of var in new handler functions
- panel: rework allocation logic to avoid looping in edit mode this was causing the context menu animation to fail to complete causing the user not to be able to exit edit mode
- theme-node: Fix leak on stylesheet change. From upstream https://github.com/GNOME/gnome-shell/commit/72bfa9125945919e9d69505d3e739480855f331e
- cinnamon_dbus_acquire_name: don't leak the result from upstream https://github.com/GNOME/gnome-shell/commit/3f0fbae7e213b2fbe7267b9d25ac7fcfaa8afcff
- cinnamon_dbus_acquire_name: Don't leak error from upstream https://github.com/GNOME/gnome-shell/commit/7f1a258ff9fc768a7fc13e5c37e1fd6d7ab5c33b
- keyboard: destroy the key's boxpointer from upstream https://github.com/GNOME/gnome-shell/commit/9d933356e171a1dc49b61b5864826531c0f24d97
- Fix hotcorner hover delay timeout removal This fixes a "Invalid or null source id used when attempting to run Mainloop.source_remove()" when leaving a hotcorner. The timeout is already destroyed by returning false in the callback, but we still knew about the timeout id and tried to remove the non-existing timeout.
- st-box-layout: Don't report a paint volume when we have no allocation from upstream https://github.com/GNOME/gnome-shell/commit/aa6f352cb06d3ae8940af323f048c8c7886fa0cd
- window-tracker: fix memory leak from upstream https://github.com/GNOME/gnome-shell/commit/ac22172a6ec37a158ca4cecf8c18f8fb29c1aa97
- tooltips.js: Remove leftover logging.
- Add cinnamon-stap-monitor utility.
- panel.js: Couple fixes to previous commit. Let the panel sections cover the entire panel in edit mode. Clean up _allocate a bit - since we always have the center zone occupied (artificially or naturally,) we don't ever need to handle cases where it isn't.
- panel.js: Fix dnd pseudo-class style application for vertical panels.
- panel: Allow right and left panel zones to naturally fill space. Fix vertical allocate calculations in st-box-layout (align_end was only working for horizontal box layouts).
- panel.js: Cleanup actor and style class names, simplify some code that no longer needs to differentiate between vertical and horizontal panels.
- cs_screensaver.py: Expose setting for floating widgets.
- panel.js: restore 'important' style flag, accidentally removed from panel zones.
Add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the Cinnamon package:
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:embrosyn/cinnamon
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install cinnamon
After that, log out and select log in back with Cinnamon session
refer original : https://howto-ubuntunew.blogspot.com/