Nvidia 370.23 also brings the “PixelShiftMode” MetaMode option, enabling support for 4K and 8K pixel shift displays.
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- TITAN X (Pascal)
- GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
- Added the ability to over- and under-clock certain GeForce GPUs in the GeForce GTX 1000 series and later. For GPUs that allow it, an offset can be applied to clock values in some clock domains of all performance levels. This clock manipulation is done at the user's own risk. See the README documentation of the "CoolBits" X configuration option for more details.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Vulkan applications from presenting from multiple queues to the same X11 swapchain.
- Added the "PixelShiftMode" MetaMode option, enabling support for 4K and 8K pixel shift displays. See the README for details.
- Fixed a regression introduced in 367.35 that caused the first modeset of the X server to display blank if the features requested in the X configuration file enabled the X driver's composition pipeline. This would be triggered, e.g., by MetaMode tokens such as ForceCompositionPipeline, ForceFullCompositionPipeline, Rotation, Reflection, and Transform.
- Fixed a crash in the OpenGL and OpenGL ES drivers in situations where some of the NVIDIA device nodes were not accessible.
- Fixed a crash when querying the CUDA device handle of an EGLDevice in a system with multiple GPUs when the NVIDIA UVM device node or kernel module was not accessible.
- Changed the behavior of nvidia-persistenced to enable persistence mode by default for all GPUs when the daemon is started.
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install nvidia-370 nvidia-settings