Non-linear video editing is much more powerful than beginners’ (linear) editors, hence it requires a bit more organization before starting.
Kdenlive 15.12.3 Features :
- Multi-track video editing : Kdenlive allows you to use and arrange several audio and video tracks, each one can be locked or muted to your convenience.
- Use any audio / video format : Being based on the powerful FFmpeg libraries, Kdenlive can use almost any audio and video formats directly without the need to convert or re-encode your clips.
- Configurable interface and shortcuts : You can arrange and save your custom interface layouts to fit your workflow. Keyboard shortcuts can also be configured to match your preferences.
- Basic titler : Create simple titles for your projects, including shadows and gradients
- Many effects and transitions : Dozens of effects are available, ranging from color correction to audio adjustments, as well as all the standard transform options.
- Audio and video scopes : Monitor your audio level or check the color scopes to make sure your footage is correctly balanced.
- RGB Parade
- Proxy editing : Kdenlive can automatically create low resolution copies of your source clips to allow you doing the editing on any computer, and then render using full resolution.
- Automatic backup : Your project file is automatically backed up every few minutes, and older versions of the project file are also kept in case you need to roll back to a previous version.
- Hardware Support :
- Leap Motion for jog/shuttle control
- Webcam capture
- Timeline preview : Sometimes when using hi-res footage or complex effects, real-time playback is not possible. Timeline preview allows you to pre-render parts of your timeline to get a perfectly smooth playback.
- Keyframeable effects : Most effects can be keyframed, allowing you to change the parameters over time, using linear or smooth curves to achieve the result you want.
- Themable interface : Flexible theming engine capable of a variety of light and dark themes.
Kdenlive 15.12.3 is included in Ubuntu software repository.
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo apt-get install kdenlive|
You can install the latest stable version from PPA, simply run of commands in terminal.
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install kdenlive
Additional packages that are required by Kdenlive .
|$ sudo apt install ffmpeg dvgrab dvdauthor genisoimage vlc|