Blender 2.7 changelog
- Cycles: Better Subsurface Scattering, GPU support for Smoke/Fire and Point Density.
- Grease pencil stroke sculpting and improved workflow.
- OpenVDB caching for smoke/volumetric simulations.
- Reworked library handling to manage missing and deleted datablocks.
- Redesigned progress bar.
- Edit mode boolean tool, better decimate modifier.
- Improved extruding and weight painting tools for sculpting/painting.
- Support for Windows XP and the SCons build system was removed.
- And: 100s of bug fixes and other improvements!
Installation instructions:The latest Blender versions are available via some third party PPA, so installing the software on Ubuntu is piece of cake. Just add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the blender package:
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:thomas-schiex/blender
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install blender
|$ sudo apt-get remove blender|