New Features in Qt 5.7.0
Qt 3D Module
- Added support for Compute Shaders on supported hardware.
- Added support for loading multi-image DDS and KTX textures including cubemaps, mip chains, and array textures.
- Improved support for compressed texture formats.
- Made Render surface explicit.
- Extended Input API and support for device plugins.
- Improved picking support.
Qt Core Module
- Added qAsConst function to help using non-const Qt containers in C++11 range for loops.
- Enabled Qt event dispatchers to use the poll() function on Unix now, making it possible for applications to have file descriptors greater than 1024.
- Added support for converting a floating point to its shortest and exact string form, without having to pre-calculate the number of digits.
- Improved C++11 support by using std::atomic as backend for QAtomic classes and adding QTypeInfo for char16_t and char32_t.
- Added QIODevice support for multi-streaming.
- Enabled QPluginLoader to work even if QT_NO_LIBRARY is set (for example, linking against a static libc).
Open terminal and insert command line...
64bit OS only.
|$ wget http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.7/5.7.0/qt-opensource-linux-x64-5.7.0.run
$ chmod +x qt-opensource-linux-x64-5.7.0.run