- Image difference display : a yellow/red mask can overlay the original/modified images.
- Single/Dual panels mode.
- Statistic computation: Mean error, RMS error and min/max are computed.
- Several metrics can be used for computing image difference.
- Histogram of error.
- “Slideshow” : DiffImg can compare directory of image, so you can switch to the previous/next comparison if you have two folders with the same image list.
- Supported files :DifffImg uses Qt plugins to load images, so by default it can read basic formats as BMP, PNG, JPG and OpenCV supported formats (Tiff, OpenExR). Some YUV format is also take into account.
- Basic batch mode
The latest version available is DiffImg 2.2.0, which has been released a while ago. For more information, see the official website.
In order to successfully install DiffImg on your Ubuntu system, you need to do is add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the diffimg package:
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install diffimg
Optional, to remove DiffImg, do:
|$ sudo apt-get remove diffimg|