Before you start to create WiFi Hotspot in Ubuntu 16.04, disable WiFi and plug in a wired Internet connection to your laptop/PC. Please makes sure that the Ubuntu is connected to a wired Internet and wireless is disabled.
1. Disable WiFi and connect to a wired Internet connection.
2. Go to Network Icon on top panel.
3. Select Edit Connections and then click the Add button (in the pop-up window). You can also select Create New WiFi Network.
4. Choose Wi-Fi from the drop-down menu (under connection type).
5. In next window, do the following
- Type in a connection name. Please note this name as we will use the name later.
- ype in a SSID
- Select mode: Infrastructure
- Device MAC address: Select your wireless card from drop-down menu
- In Wifi Security tab, select WPA & WPA2 Personal and type in a password.
- In IPv4 Settings tab, select mode “Share to other computers
8. Click the save button.
9. Now connect to the WiFi Hotspot created.