VirtualBox 5.0.22 released today, a maintenance release of VirtualBox 5.0 which improves stability and fixes regressions. Some addressed issues includes fix for certain 32-bit guests, fixed mouse pointer offset, made old X.Org releases work again with kernels 3.11 and later, fixed X.Org crash after hard guest reset.
Changelog for VirtualBox 5.0.22 (released 2016-06-16)
- VMM: fixes for certain Intel Atom hosts
- VMM: properly restore the complete FPU state for 32-bit guests on 64-bit hosts on Intel Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs
- VMM: new I/O-APIC implementation fixing several bugs and improving the performance under certain conditions
- VMM: fixed a potential Linux guest panic on AMD hosts
- VMM: fixed a potential hang with 32-bit EFI guests on Intel CPUs (VT-x without unrestricted guest execution)
- GUI: don’t allow to start subsequent separate VM instances
- GUI: raised upper limit for video capture screen resolution
- GUI: warn if the VM has less than 128MB VRAM configured and 3D enabled
- Main: when monitoring DNS configuration changes on Windows hosts avoid false positives from competing DHCP renewals. This should fix NAT link flaps when host has multiple DHCP configured interfaces, in particular when the host uses OpnVPN.
- Main: properly display an error message if the VRDE server cannot be enabled at runtime, for example because another service is using the same port
- NAT: Initialize guest address guess for wildcard port-forwarding rules with default guest address
- VGA: fix for a problem which made certain legacy guests crash under certain conditions
- ACPI: properly notify the guest if the ACPI battery state changed
- OVF: fixed import problems for some appliances using an AHCI controller created by 3rd party applications
- SDK: reduced memory usage in the webservice Java bindings
- Windows hosts: fixed performance regresson with SMP guests (5.0 regression)
- Windows hosts: fixes for the shared clipboard
- Windows hosts: Windows hardening fix
- Windows Additions: fixes to retain the guest display layout when resizing or disabling the guest monitors
- Linux hosts: EL 6.8 fix
- Linux hosts: Linux 4.7 fix
- Linux Additions: Linux 4.7 fixes
- Linux Additions: don’t stop the X11 setup if loading the shared folders module fails
- Linux Additions: don’t complain if the Drag and Drop service is not available on the host
- Solaris Additions: added support for X.org 1.18
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian xenial contrib non-free' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list"
$ wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install virtualbox-5.0