Arduino IDE 1.6.9 Changelog:
- Catch and report errors during parsing contributed index files
- Fixed IDE version color on about dialog box.
- The "always-on-top update notification" popup is now less intrusive.
- Fixed untraslated string during IDE startup splash window.
- New arduino-builder: better core library detection, faster operations when recompiling and more. See https://github.com/arduino/arduino-builder/compare/1.3.9...1.3.15
- Fixed multitab error reporting
- Rework serial port discovery to be faster, less cpu intensive and FTDI friendly
- Avoid launching multiple concurrent compile and upload operation
- Use hi-res icons for Serial monitor and plotter
- Make http://librarymanager and http://boardmanager links clickable from the editor window
- Cut/Copy actions are disable when there is no text selected.
- Added more OSX native (emacs-like) keybindings.
- Fixed Ctrl+Del: now deletes the word behind the cursor instead of the entire line.
- Fixed "Verify code after upload" option in preferences.
- String class now supports iterators.
- sam: Allow 3rd party boards that depend on SAM core to use their own USB vid/pid and manufacturer/product strings.
- avr: Check at runtime if 32u4 boards are shipped with new bootloader; if so write bootloader magic value in an unproblematic RAM location
- avr, sam: Added "reciper.ar.pattern" to plaform.txt to allow compatibility with older version of Arduino IDE.
- Bridge / bridge.py: added support for SSL sockets (Yun firmware >=1.6.2 is needed).
See release notes for full details
In order to successfully install Arduino IDE on your Ubuntu system, you need to do is add the PPA to your system, update the local repository index and install the Arduino IDE package:
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install mupdf mupdf-tools
Optional, to remove Arduino IDE, do:
|$ umake ide arduino --remove
$ sudo apt-get remove ubuntu-make