Kodi 17.0 Changelog:
- Added enhancement/improvements to PVR addon API (connection state change handling, asynchronous updates & more)
- Added support for navigation controls between EDL (commercial skipping) during PVR recodings playback
- Added support for sorting channels by 'last played' in the Channels window
- Added support to changing of timer type for existing timers to ex. change a episode timer to a series timer
- Added support to echo up important Status info to Timer Rules in the Timer rules window
- Added option to hide disabled timers in the Timer window
- Added support for 'Edit timer' & 'Delete timer' rules to context menu in the EPG & Search windows
- Added support to allow timer creation for EPG in recent past in the EPG window
- Added support to use timer logos depending on its state in the EPG window
- Added "ShowTimerRule" builtin to allow key mapping for "add timer" dialog pre-filled for epg-based timer rule
- Added 'recent recordings' widget (core support and Estuary PVR home screen)
- Added vertical scrollbar to Guide window to allow channel navigation using the mouse (core support and Estuary change)
- Added support for JSON-RPC API sync PVR types fields with current implementation
- Improveed playback of live streams as PVR Live TV streams can now be identified as "live"
- Improved Kodi's Eventlog with extentions to PVR events for 'create/delete timers, timer rules', 'start/stop recordings'
- Improved PVR Guide window performance, especially on first open
- Changes to have separate windows for 'Timer Rules' from 'Timers'
- Changes to separate TV and Radio recordings in the Recordings window
- Changes to make 'group items' setting be persistent in the Recordings window
- Changes to recordings window which now respects "default select action" settings value
- See announcement for full details
The Kodi Team announced that the official PPA will be updated soon with the new packages, available for Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 14.04, and Linux Mint 17 & 18.
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install kodi