- Edit ID3v1.1 tags
- Edit all ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 frames
- Convert between ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 tags
- Edit tags in MP3, Ogg/Vorbis, DSF, FLAC, MPC, MP4/AAC, MP2, Opus, Speex, TrueAudio, WavPack, WMA, WAV, AIFF files and tracker modules (MOD, S3M, IT, XM)
- Edit tags of multiple files, e.g. the artist, album, year and genre of all files of an album typically have the same values and can be set together.
- Generate tags from filenames
- Generate tags from the contents of tag fields
- Generate filenames from tags
- Rename and create directories from tags
- Generate playlist files
- Automatically convert upper and lower case and replace strings
- Import from gnudb.org, TrackType.org, MusicBrainz, Discogs, Amazon and other sources of album data
- Export tags as CSV, HTML, playlists, Kover XML and in other formats
- Edit synchronized lyrics and event timing codes, import and export LRC files
- This bugfix release brings improvements with handling lots of files. File tree expansion and filtering are significantly faster and consume less memory. Folders can be explicitly excluded or included. Importing from MusicBrainz and Discogs has been fixed.
The editor has an official PPA repository that so far offers the latest packages for Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.10, and their derivatives.
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ufleisch/kid3
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install kid3
(Optional) To remove Kid3, use command:
|$ sudo apt-get remove kid3 kid3-qt kid3-cli
$ sudo apt-get autoremove