Endless Sky Changelog:
- Bug fixes:
- Coalition jobs will now "repeat" instead of only being offered once.
- Typo fixes.
- Fixed a bug that caused wildly inaccurate depreciation values on some computers.
- Fixed a crash due to responding to mouse clicks when the player's flagship is dead.
- Fixed a bug where "surveillance" ships never succeed in scanning.
- Saved games on planets that were created by events now load correctly.
- Fixed incorrect accelerator hints being displayed in the info panel.
- Hopefully fixed the bug of the "last" sound not loading properly on some Windows systems.
- "Entering" ships no longer forget their destination if the game is reloaded.
- Clicking and dragging now only selects ships if no other panel was open when clicking.
- Fixed a bug that kept the "Sad Archie" mission from working in 0.9.5.
- Fixed depreciation not being applied to auto-sold fighters and outfits.
- Made it so you can't hail wormholes, even if they're marked as "inhabited."
- If you're in an uninhabited system, fixed how commodity prices in other systems show up in the map.
- Made it so the first TMBR mission doesn't get offered on pirate worlds.
- Fixed derelict ships that had been captured reappearing.
- Fixed the NPC message showing multiple times if you capture a ship you needed to "evade."
- The selected planet is now cleared in the map if you change your destination via the jump key.
- Fixed shipyard and outfitter maps showing what's available in unexplored systems.
- Game content:
- Updated the scanner descriptions to describe the benefit of multiple scanners.
- Drug running missions now only get offered in human space.
- Added hail messages for friendly pirates.
- The Coalition intro mission no longer assumes you have already met the Hai.
- New landscape images.
- Added messages when you succeed in destroying each "scattered remnant" Korath fleet.
- Made the "Defend Spera Anatrusk" battle a little bit easier.
- Added images for all the Coalition outfits and unique sounds for all their weapons.
- Korath exile worlds no longer fine you for illegal cargo.
- The TMBR missions can no longer interrupt missions from the main story line.
- The first part of the Syndicate Capture mission now requires your escorts to accompany you.
- Fixed an incorrectly set "habitable" zone in the Dokdobaru system.
- Switched back to the full-resolution icon on Mac OS X (rather than the "window icon").
- Added "autosave" tags to key missions in the Wanderer story line.
- Reduced the Unfettered jump drive payoff to be more in line with the drive's depreciated value.
- Game mechanics:
- Made depreciation happen about three times slower.
- Eliminated death benefits, since depreciation does a better job of balancing capture and plunder.
- Drag now applies to the acceleration from firing weapons and being hit by them.
- Escorts now ignore orders (except "hold position") if you're jumping or in another system.
- You can now select a planet in the map to have the autopilot land there when it reaches that system.
- You can now hail dominated planets to release them from paying tribute to you.
- Auto-aiming now takes "random velocity" into account, making the Bombardment Turret more accurate.
- User interface:
- Added a preference to highlight your flagship to make it easier to distinguish from other ships.
- When naming a new ship, added a button to have the game propose a random civilian name.
- The zooming of the main view now pauses whenever it is not active.
- In the main menu, the "New Pilot" shortcut now only works if no pilot is loaded.
- Escort target brackets no longer show up for escorts that have not taken off yet.
- Reduced the number of scanning warnings that display at the same time.
- Added messages that tell you if someone succeeds in scanning your cargo or outfits.
- The "fail" noise no longer plays over and over if you hold the jump key while out of fuel.
- Ships exiting wormholes no longer make the "exiting hyperspace" noise.
- Under the hood:
- The help messages for new players are now configurable via a text file.
Opening terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and running the command:
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mzahniser/endless-sky
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install endless-sky