Scribus 1.5.3 Released Changelog:
- The most important change isn't immediately visible, namely a completely rewritten text layout engine, which supports complex scripts like Arabic, Hindi or Thai, as well as providing access to advanced OpenType features, such as ligatures and alternate glyphs.
- Altogether, about 500 languages and/or scripts are supported. Please note that as of version 1.5.3, Scribus is supposed to render these diverse writing systems, which still needs thorough testing by those who are familiar with them.
- Typing on the canvas and text rendering in general has become a lot faster.
- Previews for fonts are now available in font selectors.
- The "Text" tab has been removed from the Properties Palette and is now a separate UI palette.
- The performance of copying and pasting objects in/from/to files with huge color palettes has been vastly improved.
- An import filter for Krita's KRA format has been added.
- Scribus now follows the XDG standard for configuration files. Therefore, the Scribus preferences directory has moved from ~/.scribus/ to a new default location: ~/.config/scribus/
Open terminal and insert command line...
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:scribus/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install scribus-trunk