Fotoxx 17.04.1 Changelog:
- Crash in thumbnail gallery of RAW files if thumbnail size is large.
- Sharpen Image: error message if [apply] and no method was chosen.
- Retouch Combo: [reset] omitted reset of "amplify" slider.
- Popup menus: offset from mouse position to make menu cancel easier.
- Source code revisions for GTK API changes (Ubuntu 17.04, Fedora 25).
- Implementation of AppImage, a distro-agnostic packaging format.
- Smoother gallery scrolling via thread to pre-fetch thumbnail images.
- Image Montage: join selected images together into a compact table format.
- Images included in the table can be clicked to show a full-size image.
- Paint Image: modified to make it easier to use with a Wacom tablet.
- Paint Image: use any image as a custom color palette - click to select color.
- Edited images get an automatic tag, allowing "edited" as a search criteria.
- Alien Colors effect: repaint an image or area with random strange colors.
- Stack/Paint: Transient forground objects can be removed automatically, and a
- moving subject can be shown in multiple positions against the background.
- Twist effect: twist or swirl an image around a mouse-selected central point.
- Script Files: most of the special effects functions are now scriptable.
- Denoise - measure noise: the noise is more completely characterized.
- The desktop wallpaper functions were removed because they stopped working.
- Paint Image and Clone Image were split into separate functions.
- Trim/Rotate: margin sides can be dragged in addition to the corners.
- Rename, Copy/Move, Delete/Trash: options were added to keep these dialogs
- open or not (keep open is easier/faster if processing multiple files).
- Albums can now be sorted like any other gallery, but cannot be edited when
- in an out-of-sequence condition. To edit, re-open the album.
- User Settings: an album name can be specified as the startup gallery.
- Startup with file parameter: now works for absolute or relative file name.
- Correctly handle file and directory names containing '$' characters.
- Voodoo functions can now be assigned to shortcut keys like any other.
- Disallow re-sorting of a metadata report, which loses the link between
- images and their metadata. Sort the gallery before generating the report.
- Copy to Desktop or Clipboard: an edited but unsaved file copies correctly.
- Trim/Rotate: stop sporadic motion of zoomed image when margins are dragged.
Available for Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty/16.10 Yakkety/16.04 Xenial/Linux Mint 18/and other Ubuntu derivatives
To install Fotoxx in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the terminal:
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install fotoxx
(Optional) To remove Fotoxx, use command:
|$ sudo apt-get remove fotoxx
$ sudo apt-get autoremove