What's New in Release 1.9
- Reverse inspect in Live Preview : Brackets 1.9 ships with Reverse-inspect in Live Preview. Now clicking on an element in Live Preview highlights the corresponding tag in the source code.
- Support for “Replace All” action in Find & Replace : Brackets now supports “Replace All” in Find & Replace along with batch operation.
- Download count display and extension sorting based on download count : Extension Manager now displays download count for listed extensions. Extensions can be sorted based on download count or published date in ‘Available’ and ‘Themes’ tab.
- Mode toggle in Untitled document : Language mode can be toggled for Untitled documents. Code coloring and Code Hints for the selected mode are also supported for Untitled documents.
- Document toggle in split view : Focus can be swapped between panes using keyboard shortcut.
- Github organization support for Brackets extensions : Github organizations can now own brackets extensions. All public owners of organization can update extensions.
See release notes for full details
To add the Brackets PPA and install the application in Ubuntu (and derivatives), use the following commands:
|$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/brackets
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install brackets